St. Joseph’s The Worker Catholic Church is located in Bhilai Township in Street 1, Sector VI. The parish has over 380 Catholics catholic families residing from Sector -1 to Hudco. The Catholic Church Sector VI is having two chapels in its vicinity. One Chappell is located in Hudco and the second chapel is in Indira Place, besides Bhilai Niwas.
Catholic Church has entered it glorious Golden Jubilee year and it is the outcome of the almighty blessings and hard work of the parishners. In the 1959 Raipur Diocese started its mission work from Charoda. Slowly the mission work got extended to other places like Nandini, Kumhari, Powerhouse, Durg etc. The foundation stone of the biggest plant of Asia was laid down in Bhilai. People from different parts of the country came over here for employment. Out of which many were Catholics and to fulfill their religious needs of Priest and Nuns use to come from Nagpur.Fr Makaria,Fr Miginali, Fr S D Sebastian, Most respected John Weidner and Most Respected Hunold are the few needs special mention. Further the Catholics of Bhilai region were taken care by the Charoda Mission and the for some time period the Holy Mass were held at Nehru Cultural Building, Sector 1, and in Community Church, Sector VI, Bhilai. Thereafter on 1st October 1965 worship started in Sector VI Parish and the Church was named after the patron of the workers community St Joseph and The church was dedicated as St.Joseph the worker Catholic Church, Sector VI , Bhilai.